Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Omar-S to play Dublin


This is one to get really excited about! Omar-S is to play Dublin's Twisted Pepper club on April 4th. He is just after mixing the latest of the Fabric series of mixes and it's full to the brim of his own productions. As the man himself explains
"My booking agent and I were talking about doing a mix for fabric over the last year, and for me, over the last year I haven’t really been feeling anybody’s music. I’d rather do a mix for fabric that’s all my own shit, because there are still a lot of people out there that don’t know about FXHE records or Omar-S or Oasis. I did a few different versions, remixes, of a few of the tracks on the CD, and there are about four tracks on there that haven’t been released yet. I know a lot of new people will listen to it, so of course I put my important songs on there, but I wanted to make it varied and mix it the right way. That’s why I mixed a lot of the songs a different way; but with the famous songs, I didn’t touch those because I want the new people to hear the original. I don’t need other people’s music; I got over 100 songs released. I can make fucking six fucking fabric records right now. I can probably make fucking ten CDs just of unreleased shit.”
The mix album will be released on March 16 and it really is a great introduction to the man's music if you haven't heard it before.



My favourite track from Omar was released last year and its included on the mix. Check it out .... Psychotic Photosynthesis



"You can not copy Omar-S style. You can only copy a song that has already been produced by Omar-S"
Omar s is a man who doesn't comprimise in his art or opinions ... check out a fascinating insight into the man through an interview he did with the excellent infinitestatemachine blog a couple of years ago here!

See y'all up the front on April 4th!!!

2 comments: